Congratulations on completing the Research Data Management Online Workshop - a course for University of Minnesota researchers.
This workshop presented a number of case studies to help you think about the best ways of:
In your role as principal investigator you should :
- Recognize the federal and state laws that govern access, use, security, and retention of research data.
- Recognize University policies and procedures that affect data management decisions.
- Understand the guidelines for data retention from all sources relevant to your research and scholarship.
- Identify external entities that specify data retention requirements.
- Understand that the PI is responsible for proper data management for the entire project.
- Understand the role of the PI in training and mentoring students and other project team members.
Your next step is to complete an evaluation
Your final step is to update your record