The Importance of Controlling
Access to Data
How important is it to control access to research data? What are the implications of allowing unauthorized access to research data?
This module presents a case study that will help you identify issues related to assuring appropriate data access. As you work through the module, you will:
- Consider important questions to ask about who should have access to your research data and under what circumstances.
- Read three short case studies.
- Identify acceptable data access limitations and precautions.
- Become aware of policies, procedures, and other resources relevant to the case study.
- Choose actions that reduce risk or prevent similar problems from occurring.