The Importance of Data Reliability
How important is it to have reliable research data? What are the implications of not having reliable data?
This module presents a case study that will help you identify issues related to managing data for the purpose of assuring data reliability. As you work through the module, you will:
- Consider important questions to ask about data reliability.
- Read a case study.
- Identify what went wrong within the case study.
- Identify action(s) to be taken in response to the case study situation.
- Become aware of policies, procedures, and other resources relevant to the case study.
- Choose actions that reduce risk or prevent similar problems from occurring.