Determining potential conflicts of interest requires a thorough knowledge of the University of Minnesota policies and procedures that protect all parties from an actual conflict of interest at the University.
During this module, you will consider questions such as:
- Why does the University of Minnesota have policies and procedures about conflict of interest and disclosure?
- Why is conflict of interest and disclosure so important?
- What are the sources and the purpose of the rules?
- What are the policies?
- Are any activities exempt from disclosure?
- Are there activities that are prohibited?
- What is the University of Minnesota's approach to protecting the University and its employees?
- Are there different levels of risk?
- Are there disciplinary consequences for not complying with policies?
- Are there specific rules for consulting, service activities and other work?
Throughout this module, you will complete various activities that present and reinforce information about these topics.